I kinda abandoned this series for awhile but guess who’s back? Self-care Sunday is back baby! I have read tons of article online stating that “decluttering” is a form of self-care. Of course, I could not agree more. Try to imagine yourself walk into a room filled with stuffs. Things scattered around the room, on the floor, on the desk. You probably will feel suffocated. This could be avoided with performing decluttering. However, before I further proceed, I must say that not everyone fancies a white and grey walls nor furniture. Every individual has their own personal preference.
Things that we have accumulated over times actually things that we did not “need”. All the things did not serve any good purpose in our life. It merely exist to cloud our judgement to buy new things or add up into our “to clean” list.
So, below are my 10 good reasons why “decluttering” is a form of good self-care.
- It helped to reduce things that no longer benefit to us. Why would we keep things that did not bring us joy? Ask yourselves.
- It shorten the “to clean” list. I mean, hello? Don’t you want to spend more time with your family and love one rather than cleaning the entire house because you just have too many? Yep, I think so (too).
- You will be more mindful on your spending habit. This is true for myself. I have this thing when a sudden inspiration hit and I want to explore new things and buy new stuffs. At the end, I didn’t even do it. Tsk
- Space. More space for better future, better you and better everything. Trust me on this.
- Less anxiety and depression relapse. When things were so messy, I tend to get superb high on anxiety. So, decluttering helped to reduce it. When I declutter things, I feel extremely calm. Or maybe I’m just obsessed.
- Decluttering help you to find “home” for your things. Often, when there is too many things around, you are unable to appreciate all the things that you love.
- Its good for the Instagram. I won’t lie that white and clean background
seduceattract me more.
- Decluttering helped to increase productivity and creativity.
- It also helped to suppress your hoarding tendency. Decluttering is encourage to help those with hoarding problem before it got worse.
- Decluttering is free. Its only required your time. Imagine an hour decluterring session will shorten your cleaning time by 10 minutes. Wow, just wow.
Some people (sometimes myself) have an attachment to things that make me hard to declutter or let it go. However, as I let go things, I feel so much relief. If you haven’t done any decluttering yet, I suggested you spend some of your time to do. It will help you in many area that you didn’t even thought of. Till then xo